Rapid PCR Testing in Houston, TX
MEDICAL CARE SERVICES
As the Coronavirus pandemic continues in Houston, Texas, Gemini Urgent Care continues to serve local families. We are pleased to provide rapid PCR testing for COVID-19 seven days a week at our physician-led urgent care center, so you can easily get the answers you need to protect your health and the health of those around you.
What Is the Cost of PCR Testing?
We now offer two PCR tests for COVID related and non-COVID related illnesses.
- For COVID-19 evaluation and diagnosis, we offer the Accula COVID PCR test. It takes only 30 minutes and costs $250. This is primarily used for screening tests required for school or travel or as confirmation when the rapid antigen test is negative.
- For non-COVID related illnesses, the Biofire PCR test takes 45 minutes and costs $400. This is used for acute illness to help determine the specific cause.
Our Houston rapid PCR test is unique in that it can test for up to 22 organisms and is one of the fastest methods in detecting harmful pathogens. This instrument uses state-of-the-art polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing which extracts and detects viral and bacterial RNA proteins from nasopharyngeal samples (nasal swab), and this is an extremely sensitive and specific test (over 97% accurate) that produces results in under one hour.
- Coronavirus HKU1
- Coronavirus NL63
- Coronavirus 229E
- Coronavirus OC43
- Human Metapneumovirus
- Human Rhinovirus/Enterovirus
- Influenza A
- Influenza A/H1
- Influenza A/H3
- Influenza A/H1-2009
- Influenza B
- Parainfluenza Virus 1
- Parainfluenza Virus 2
- Parainfluenza Virus 3
- Parainfluenza Virus 4
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Sever Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
- Bordetella parapertussis*
- Bordetella pertussis
- Chlamydia pneumoniae
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae
How Do We Interpret Results?
We try not to use PCR testing as the sole treatment plan to manage your symptoms or conditions due to limitations within the test. All results will be seen by our specialists and physicians to determine the best action plan for your results.
PCR testing will come out with two types of results, including:
- Negative – A negative test results translates to zero findings or evidence the virus DNA or RNA is present.
- Positive – If your test comes back positive, this indicates the virus DNA or RNA is present, but please keep in mind this does not necessarily mean that you are ill or contagious.
We are very excited to offer this cutting-edge technology to our patients. There is no out of pocket charges for most insurances.
The Advantage of Gemini Testing
Whether you are looking for same day covid testing in Houston or you are testing for viruses, Gemini Urgent Care has your back. Because our modern lab facilities are on-site, we can provide faster results without having to wait for findings to come back from off-site labs. This allows our physicians to quickly analyze results and create personalized treatment plans for each individual patient. Our tests are also authorized for international travel, allowing you to have peace of mind when planning future excursions.
If you would like to learn more about our Houston PCR Testing, including how we can help you, please get in touch with us at (281) 572-5505 today.
Friendly, Helpful & Clean- Ibrahim
Everyone was professional and really friendly!- Rusell
Amazing service with TOP notch care from everyone- Patient
In Good Hands- Andrea
10 Stars... Great Experience!- Ris