Minor Injury Treatment in Houston
Efficient Alternative Care for Non-Life-Threatening Injuries
At Gemini Urgent Care, our extensively trained staff provides a variety of on-site laboratory results that aid in giving our patients a proper diagnosis and treatment planning for all types of injuries. We utilize high-caliber technology to verify results are being recorded as quickly and accurately as possible. The laboratory and radiology services we use are essential in ensuring your minor conditions don’t worsen and are treated and taken care of to the best of our capability.
Typically, minor injuries that are considered “Level 1” are the most treatable and least associated with morbidity.
What Determines a Minor Injury?
You may be left wondering if your injury is life-threatening or non-threatening. This may confuse you if you are having a “true medical emergency”. However, even the most minor injuries can have potentially harmful risks and complications if the root of the cause is left unknown and untreated. Knowing when the right time to seek help can be a life or death decision, so it’s important to be aware of common signs and conditions.
A few of the most common minor injuries we treat include, but are not limited to:
- Joint Inflammation – Conditions such as acute arthritis can cause pain in multiple joints, causes of joint pain can come from broken bones, bone cancer, and more.
- Burns – Treating burns early on will prevent significant damage to the skin and may complicate the healing outcome if treatment is prolonged. Less severe burns still require the same specialized treatment as major burns.
- Minor Lacerations – Tinier cuts and tears in the skin may only need minor treatment such as stitches, to stop the bleeding and scarring, as well as complicating the wound to the point of infection.
- Headaches – While headaches are a frequently occurring and common ailment that is to some extent universally experienced by all of us, headaches and migraines lasting several hours should be consulted with emergency providers to discover the reason behind the pain and help alleviate your discomfort.
- Asthma/ Breathing Problems – One of the best preventative tools to reinforce our immune system for combating diseases and infections, vaccinations help our bodies create antibodies capable of fighting future versions of the disease, which was already introduced as a weakened state during the initial immunization.
Who We Treat
Gemini Urgent Care is proud to treat both pediatric patients and adult patients who have sustained minor injuries; whether it be from a sports-related injury, , a fall, or from an automobile accident, our team will ensure your given top-notch quality care.
We can provide professional treatments for minor injuries resulting from:
- Automobile accidents
- Work-related accidents
- Sports-related injuries
- Falls and slips
- Animal bites
- Other injuries resulting from unexpected events
Friendly, Helpful & Clean- Ibrahim
Everyone was professional and really friendly!- Rusell
Amazing service with TOP notch care from everyone- Patient
In Good Hands- Andrea
10 Stars... Great Experience!- Ris